Sunday, December 4, 2011

THREE!

My little Mr. is 3! Every year I say the same, I can't believe I have a ___ year-old! And every year I'm honestly shocked! Three is an even bigger shocker than the past 2 years though. Josh suddenly seems like such a big kid. He's definitely not a baby anymore :( I'm going to write a post later all about him and what he's up to, but I have to do a few things first, so I'll just post about his birthday party.
We had a little party for him the weekend after Thanksgiving while the family was here. He's at an age where he cares about having an actual party and he was really into what kind of cake he wanted, so I decided we better do it while his cousins were here since he doesn't have a lot of friends yet. He went back and forth between wanting and tractor party and a firetruck party. I pushed for the tractor party because I knew I could throw something really simple together quickly.
The party started by going swimming at the hotel Luke and Jana were staying at, then we had a bbq at our house and then cake. Josh was way excited about his dump truck cake! I think it turned out pretty cute for 10 minutes of work.
It was fun having everyone here to celebrate Josh's birthday, and to help him feel special on his big day!






More on Josh as a big three-year-old later...

No comments: