Sunday, June 24, 2012

This Week

Not a lot to blog about this week. I had plans for a very fun, active week, and then Josh got really sick. He fevered for about 24 hours and felt yuck for another couple of days, then just when he was feeling better Benson came down with the same thing. His fever finally broke this afternoon, but the crying never did stop. I think he cried nonstop from 9 this morning until I put him to bed an hour ago. The only break came when he was sucking on a popsicle. He had at least 4. I took him to the Ready Care this morning to make sure he didn't have an ear infection and found out his ears are fine, but he's got a virus, I don't remember the name, that's given him ulcers in back of his mouth and throat. The dr. had me look at them, and they looked SO painful! I felt really bad for him. On top of that he's cutting 4 teeth all at once. Needless to say, this weeks been rough.
I did read a couple books this week. Both were seriously fascinating, but depressing. I'm going to the library tomorrow to check out the sappiest love story I can find.
We decided it's time to start looking seriously for a place to rent in southern Utah, since we're moving in 4 WEEKS! It's super frustrating. They charge ridiculous amounts for the smallest places down there. The way it's looking, we're going to have to pay about the same as we're paying now, maybe a little bit more, for a house less than half this size. Kinda hard to swallow. I'm still looking forward to getting down there though. I'm just so excited to live by family and friends again! 
My family is coming to visit in a week! Between that and moving, that's basically all I think about lately. They're coming over the 4th of July and then we're all going up to stay in a cabin in Island Park for a few days. It's going to be a blast!
Beau only has 3 weeks left of class work and he'll be a college graduate! Holy cow...I can't believe it. We've been doing the full time student, full time work thing for so many years I can't imagine life any different, but I'm looking forward to it.
That's all for now. Lets hope we have a better week this week.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sorry about your boys--sick kids are no fun. We've been packing the past couple weeks in preparation for our move to Vegas--we're aiming to be on the road next Saturday. I seriously can't believe it. Time flies. I'm excited we'll be moving closer to each other!

The Stratton's said...

I'm sorry the house hunt is super lame. I'm super glad it's happening though because I miss you. I realize my hatred of talking on the phone is a hard thing to overcome even just to talk to my good buddy Tianna! It's been way too long... Let me know if I can be of any help... scoping out neighbors of tentative places or whatever. I think you'll be moving the same weekend we get back from Hawaii (if my math is right). Please let us know when so we can help! Colby makes quick work of that kind of thing.