Monday, June 23, 2008

Lincoln 2nd ward

So I know these posts without pictures are totally lame but I had to write this because it's so crazy! Our ward is NUTS! It is so young, which is really cool for us because everyone is our age and lots of fun, but it makes the structure of the ward very interesting. We have 2 decans, 1 priest, 2 young women, a couple of kids in Sr. primary, a decent size Jr. primary and THREE nurseries! But the even funnier thing is is that we have 21 kinds scheduled to come into nursery this year and just about every woman in the ward is pregnant! I was talking the Primary pres. Saturday night at our ward party and she told me that they are planning to be up to FIVE nurseries by the end of the year. It's the loudest ward you will ever attend...but it's totally understandable...there are SO MANY little kids! It's awesome. We'll fit right in!

3 comments:

Janalee said...

How funny! Atleast no one will give you a crusty look when you kid acts up - no one will even notice:) That's fun that everyone is in the same stage of life that you are, it will make it easy to hang out with people - and they will have great ideas of things that you can do in the wintertime with your young fam. I wish there were more people around here in that stage. Our ward is all older.

Shawna said...

Thats great that you guys are having such a good time. I knew it was going to be awsome for you guys to get away. It was fun getting to know you and I cant wait to hear what you are having and getting to see your cute little belly.

Gallant Family said...

WELCOME TO THE WARD!!! Yeah, so that's pretty close to accurate. I have been in a louder ward before, though, in Saratoga Springs Utah where my sister used to live. I thought I would go crazy. At least, I don't think our ward is that bad...yet...

Well, I'm excited to see what is in story here on your blog. And I am excited for you guys to find out what you little one will be soon!

We should totally do a BBQ with you guys and Josh & Kristin, but we don't have a BBQ, do you guys???