Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July Weekend

The 4th of July weekend was such a fun one for us this year. We woke up early on Saturday and went to the parade and then to a bbq at Kristin's parents house. After the bbq my parents got in to town, and Ricky and Stacia happened to be in town as well, so we all had dinner at our house and then went down to the river to watch the fireworks together. It was a blast, and a fun surprise to have Ricky and Stacia show up! Joshua LOVED the fireworks! I was worried it was going to be a disaster because they didn't start until 10 pm so he'd be so tired before they even started and I figured the noise would freak him out. But he was wide awake and loving every second. However, as soon as they were over he crashed hard. I didn't take very many pictures; I'm not sure why, but here are a few.

*Waiting for the show to start! Dad looking happy to be there :/

*Joshua LOVES Paige!
Also that weekend we took a little drive up to the lake to show my parents. The Palisades lake is probably one of my favorite places we've been here in Idaho. It's SO pretty! We also drove up the canyon (not sure what the name is, but it's between the lake and Jackson) and found an awesome little look out over the Snake and watched some white water rafters. Now my parents and Beau think we need to have a family reunion up here and all go rafting down the Snake. It might take me a little while to warm up to that idea! I think I'd rather watch.




*And of course we had to go to Reed's for some ice cream to finish off an awesome day in the sun!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Geesh! You're so skinny already! You look great.

The Stratton's said...

If you're interested I will share a once in a lifetime story about rafting on the snake river on a family reunion. Your trip is guaranteed to go smoother!