Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Over Due

I think it's probably time for a Joshua update :/ It's only been 5 months! And since he'll be 9 months (what!) in a couple days I figured I should do it now...

Well this picture about sums it up. He's a maniac all of the sudden! Just last week he decided to both crawl and walk. It's been a pretty big adjustment mostly because he's no longer content to sit and play with toys now that he's able to get where ever he wants on his own. So needless to say, I'm exhausted and have no time to do things such as blogging unless he's sleeping. However when he is asleep I have to: put my house back together, clean, shower, fold laundry, finish books, cook, and rest, all of which are pointless to even attempt when he's awake...so blogging may take a back seat for a while. I'll be too busy having a blast with my little sweetie!

In the last little while Joshua:
Says Mama and Dad (and means it! haha)
Waves bye bye
Crawls
Takes 4 or 5 steps at a time
Pulls himself up to everything
Decided he will eat baby food (whether he likes it or not)
Is super naughty in church
Makes me laugh ALL day
Feeds himself pretty well
Loves to be outside!
Smiles whenever I pull out the camera
Is down to 3 bottles a day
LOVES LOVES his dad and jumps out of my arms the second Beau gets home (and I'm ok with that by 5 pm)
Has the funnest fake cry ever!
Holds on to anything with his right hand and revs it like a motorcycle
Gets rides on the motorcycle every night
Loves to go places and is the best traveler
Is VERY loved by everyone!

Josh is the highlight of our lives! He's the sweetest, funniest, and cutest kid around. Everywhere we go we get surrounded by people fussing over how adorable he is. They all make comments about how they can't believe his eyes/eye lashes and his hair color. They really are to die for. He's so pleasant all the time no matter what we're dragging him around to do. He's getting such a personality. I love to just sit and watch him and the expressions he makes. A while ago I realized that we had finally adjusted to life with a baby. It took us a few months of feeling frazzled, a little confused and tired, then everything seemed to click and life is now simple and so enjoyable. We couldn't be any happier!

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

We miss you guys! We didn't even see Joshua this last time you were down. I can't believe how grown up he is getting! What a cutie!