Thursday, September 17, 2009

I think I'm in for it...

So this week I've got a glimpse of what my life is going to be like for the next 1 to 1 1/2 years, and I think it's going to take some getting use to (not to mention some toughening up). Beau went back to school! I'm really happy for him and SO proud of him for taking the plunge, but boy is it going to be a change! We have been living the easy, laid back life until now-that's for sure. I think this week I've seen Beau a total of 3 hrs. He gets up and goes into work early, then heads straight from work (after 9 hrs) to Rexburg for school, and then comes home and we see him long enough to sit and eat dinner together before he heads upstairs to do homework until he can't keep his eyes open any longer (usually around 11:30). Once he reaches that point, or his head explodes, he flops into bed, sleeps a few hours and starts all over again. I can't complain about being alone all the time or having to take care of Joshua all by myself all day (I'm totally complaining) after looking at his schedule, but like I said before, it's going to be a HUGE change.
Getting a college education has always meant SO much to us, but with the way life has gone, finding the right time to go back has been hard. Then a couple months ago I think we just realized that we weren't getting any younger and it was only going to get harder the longer we waited and the more kids we had. SOOOOO here goes nothing! It's all going to work out just fine and I know we'll be blessed for our sacrifices because this is what Heavenly Father wants us to be doing right now :)

2 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Oh man - I didn't know he started school! Good job guys! We need to for sure get out of the house then! You better come to LAC next week - bring Joshua if you need to, no worries! Did you get the email invitation?

p.s. I feel your pain - we had many years of not seeing much of each other. Take up something of your own so you don't forget about YOU!

Kristin said...

SHEEZ!! I totally feel for you! I remember all to well what your going through. If you ever feel overwhelmed or anything you know there's a really awesome person that lives 2 doors down that you can visit with or drop off Joshie for a few hours:)