Monday, April 26, 2010

Finally, a post.

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without blogging since Joshua was born (sorry Grandma, it wont happen again). I have plenty of excuses, but really it just boils down to the fact that I haven't felt like it until now. And now it's overwhelming because I have so much to document. That's what I get I guess.

I'll start with our trip to Salt Lake.

We spent 3 days in SLC with my parents over Easter/conference weekend. We had so much fun relaxing, eating out, and spending time with them. I love just being in down town Salt Lake, it's got such a great atmosphere. Since our vacations over the last year and a half have consisted of nothing but trips to southern Utah and Nevada, anything out of the ordinary, like staying in a hotel in SLC is pretty darn exciting. While we were there we also spent most of that Sunday with Beau's cousin Wayne and his family. It was awesome. We watched both sessions of conference while the kids played and Danielle made a yummy lunch in between sessions. Beau seriously has the nicest cousins, we love them, they're lots of fun and so easy to talk to.
I only took a couple picture of the entire weekend because my camera broke while we were there! I was SO sad. I'm a serious camera freak. I take at least 250 pictures a month, so I honestly felt lost when it died. I think I might have been a little depressed even ;) Anyway, I got over it and then when we got down to Bville the next day my mom gave me her camera to use until I bought a new one. Which brings me to the best news you've ever heard...
I finally got my slr camera!
I'm beyond excited! After days and DAYS and WEEKS of doing research (no really though, I think I've read every piece of literature on the internet on slr cameras. Do you know how much there is on the internet on slr cameras? A LOT! I haven't slept in a week to make sure I didn't miss something and buy the wrong camera. I'm a nut like that when it comes to big purchases. You should have seen how I was when I had to make the decision on which car seat to buy! I don't know why I feel I have to research everything to death. I guess it's just the thought of wasting money the drives me to it. I want to get the best product for the money. Simple as that.), I finally made a decision and took the plunge. I was really nervous because it is a really big purchase for us and I did not want to spend all that money only to find out that the camera I bought wasn't the best one for me. However, now that it's over I am SO happy! I think I'm the most excited about having something to study and learn. I've been dieing for a hobby since I became a stay at home mom -something enjoyable to fill my free time with. I'm getting the camera tomorrow, so hopefully soon I'll have some sweet pictures to post. Joshua is going to be SO sick of the camera in his face!

Back to Salt Lake-

We went to eat at the Market Street Grill and Joshua fed himself a bowl of clam chowder.

Scoop.

Slurp.

Smile.
And then my camera died...
Thanks Mom and Dad for such a good weekend. We love you!

2 comments:

DANIELLE said...

I love the clam chowder from market street! We love when we get to see Wayne's cousins too, I love that we all get together so often. If we could all just figure out how to move back to southern Utah now that would be nice.

Mary said...

I want nice camera (in my dreams). What kind did you get?