Thursday, April 29, 2010

My New Toy.

So, I got my camera! I got a Nikon D80, and I love it. I have SO much to learn! It's even more overwhelming than I thought it would be, but it's also very exciting! I love that I have something to study. I just didn't realize it was going to take so much to simply learn what all the different buttons and menu options on the camera mean. I thought I would be able to jump right into learning and experimenting with exposure and such, because that's what is really fun and interesting to me, but I figure I better learn how to run this thing correctly before I get to that. I'm almost finished reading the manual and I've learned a lot already. I haven't taken a lot of pictures yet, mostly just doing what the manual tells me to do. I read the manual while I'm laying in bed at night or during Josh's nap so I have tons of pictures of my feet in all sorts of different light and focus. I'll spare you those beauties and post the first picture I snapped with my new toy.

WAY cuter than my feet!

This was just taken on Automatic mode, nothing fancy (because I don't know how to do anything fancy yet), but I'm already Really impressed! It's just so much more crisp than my other camera. And the fact that Josh's eye's aren't bright red in this pictures is amazing! I had the worst time with that with my old camera. Something about his eye's made it almost impossible to get a picture without red eye.

Ever since I took a photography class in collage where we weren't allowed to take photos using a flash, I hate the flash! It washes everyone out, especially my little man with his WHITE skin. But the sun hasn't come out here for a few days, and I think that's why I haven't been super motivated to start shooting. Hopefully the sun will decide to come out and I can start experimenting more.

No comments: