Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Summer Highlights Pt. 1

This summer has been so laid back and so much fun! We didn't go on any big family vacation, but we have managed to do some really fun things here in Idaho and while visiting family down south. I think I quit blogging around the first of July, so we'll start from there.

The Forth of July weekend.


Beau's parents, Kody and Tierra came to visit over the 4th. I was terrible with pictures that weekend because we were busy having a blast! The first day they got here we took them down to the green belt and walked around for a while, then picked up some pizza and went to Tautphaus Park to eat a play bocce ball. I think Beau and I won that round, but don't worry, we got spanked every other time that weekend! Gary is GOOD at bocce ball! Him and Kathy made a tough team. And the last game we played, Tierra came out of nowhere and killed us! It was seriously fun.
Also while they were here we of course went to the famous Idaho Falls firework show. Some friends of ours spent the entire down at the river saving us seats, and they were awesome! The firework show was the best out of the 3 years we've been here. I swear the whole thing felt like a finale. I was glad we had family there to watch it with.

Here are the only pictures I took of the whole weekend.


San Diego Girls Trip!

This year for girls trip we went to San Diego! We've been so many times before, but it will always be our favorite place to go. We stayed on Coronado at the Marriott that is just across the bay from down town SD and it was so nice! The first day we got there, we went straight to the beach and we just laid there for hours! Kamryn was the only kid who came because she's too young to leave behind, so all of us moms were just so excited to be able to relax without kids around. We each took turns cuddling with the baby though, so Tia got to relax a little too :) Basically the entire trip we laid on the beach until we got hungry, then we'd go eat amazingly good food and lay on the beach some more until it was time to go to bed. Even though it was a short 3 days, it was the best vacation I've been on in a LONG time! I love spending time with my sisters and my mom more than anything, so this trip had it all. However, I did miss Josh and Beau. It was the first time I'd ever been away from Josh for more than 3 hours! That's pretty sad, I know. I found myself thinking more than once, I wish Beau and Josh were here, or, Joshua would love this! We'll have to go back some day soon, just the three of us.

I didn't take many pictures on the trip because I was too busy doing NOTHING, but here are a couple.

Taleesa is pregnant, so she dug a little hole for her belly to fit in while she laid on her stomach!

No comments: