Sunday, February 1, 2009

Naps

Caution: The following post was written at 4:30 am by a VERY tired (yet awake) woman.

I realised something a few minutes ago as I was laying in bed unable to get back to sleep after feeding the baby, and I thought, you better write this down because some day (hopefully) you may look back at this and laugh or maybe even some day you'll forget this feeling. And because I don't even own a journal, I'm blogging...
I've never been much of a napper; in fact, in my past life (prebaby) I preferred not to take naps at all because I usually woke feeling disoriented, and usually with a headache. However, it seems that for the last two months, my life has been a continuous string of two-hour power naps broken up by nursing and singing songs or reading children's books. Even going to bed at night is not really going to bed for the night, it's just a couple more power naps.
I also find it interesting that the book Baby Wise was written to help women get their babies on a schedule, but as I have been trying to follow it's counsel, all it has done is put ME on a schedule and has done basically nothing to schedule my very stubborn (and adorable) little boy (who just happens to be asleep right now).
My life schedule:
Feeding time
Wake time
Nap time
Over and over and over again...Which is why I'm wake...I just fed the baby, so it's "Wake Time" according to Baby Wise.
I'm not complaining! Being a mom is worth all the sleep deprivation in the world. I just think it's funny that once I was not a napper, and now naps are all I get.

5 comments:

Tobler Family said...

You are soo funny. I cant wait see you guys and kiss josh's cubby checks.

Kristin said...

HAHAHA! Thanks for the good laugh!

Ebert Family said...

That was pretty funny to read tianna. I know the feeling and I read baby wise too and it didn't work for Jordan. Every baby is different. But I promise this phase does pass and you do forget what it was like. They grow up SO fast and you wish you had them as a little little baby again. I told mike the other day...do you even remember what it is going to be like to have a new baby here? Its hard to remember everything so enjoy it while it lasts!!

Sheen said...

you totally just brought me back to new baby days. as much as i loved having a new baby... i absolutely HATED the schedule! i read baby wise and some girls i know swore by it. me... not so much.

i hate taking naps too. i feel the same way. it was like a continuous monotonous cycle of the same thing. there was no night/bed time.

hang in there lady.

he's very cute too!

The Umphress Clan said...

Isn't it amazing, I too was in the same situation of no napping and then Addie came along and that was all I did. But it too soon passes and then you start thinking you might want another one. Cute boy by the way! We definately need to get together sometime.