Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yummy Deliciousness

I have this problem....I want to lose weight, but I also want to bake something new and sweet everyday and eat it all! Some days I win the battle some days I don't. Last night I lost.
I made these cupcakes and they are seriously some of the best ever! So I had to post the recipe for everyone to try. They are super easy and quick to make and SO GOOD! It's hard to feel bad about eating them when they taste so GOOD!


Irish Oatmeal Cupcakes with Broiled Brown Sugar Frosting
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 and 1/2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 and 1/3 cup flour (I used half whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Brown Sugar Broiled Icing:
1 cup brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons cream or milk
pinch of salt and cinnamon
Combine oats and boiling water in a small bowl. Let rest for twenty minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners. In a large bowl, cream butters and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Gently stir in flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oatmeal mixture and combine gently. Pour a scant 1/4 cup into each of 24 muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top springs back and toothpick is clean. The tops will be flat and slightly bubbly looking. Let cool for about five minutes. Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine all of the icing ingredients. spread cupcakes with icing. Broil, WATCHING CLOSELY, until icing bubbles.

*And now I have to go make some Banana bread. I HAVE TO! I can't just throw the bad bananas away! I'll have to post that recipe too. I tried 2 or 3 until I found it. It is so moist and tasty.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I love that recipie!! I am a huge fan of muffins!! They look beautiful!!

That hike we went on was up by Heise Hot Springs!! It is super easy, and just really pretty! You would like it!!

I want the banana bread recipe, I have never had one good turn out with it.