Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Poop Circus

Since Joshua was about 2 months old and going through "the blow-out stage" Beau and I have called incidences like this a Poop Circus.
A couple days ago Josh and I had one of those mornings. I was doing everything just like I do every morning, but this day things were going all wrong!
After breakfast I took Josh upstairs to give him his bath, so first things first, I laid him down in his room and took off all his clothes and diaper. As soon as he was naked he jumped up and ran to the corner of his bedroom and started peeing on the carpet! There was nothing I could do at that point. If I picked him up he'd just pee all over me and the rest of his room. So I let him do his thing right there so I only had one spot to clean. When he was finished I put him in the tub and after about 3 minutes I look over and he was holding on to the side of the tub and grunting. I panicked because I knew what he was doing! But once again, there was nothing I could do! So anyway, he pooped in the tub. I grabbed a cup thinking I could scoop it out before it did too much damage then just drain the water and start over. I started scooping and realized there was poop everywhere! To make matter worse, I had put bubbles in the tub so I couldn't even see the bottom the bath (or the thousands of poop particles)! I quickly got Josh out of the tub at that point and sat him on the rug while I tried to get the bath drained and cleaned out. Then I noticed that the tub was no longer draining. It was clogged with you know what! Gross! I wasn't even going to deal with that, Josh was just going to finish his bath in my bathroom and Beau would have to unclog the drain when he got home. Oh but done worry, that wasn't the end of it! Just when I had given up I turned around to pick Josh up, but he was already standing and watching himself pee on the rug! He was laughing so hard and thought that watching his pee come out was hilarious (it was). Again, what do I do at that point? After he was again finished with his business I finally got him in my bath, washed him and then took him out and quickly put a diaper on! What a morning! Honestly even during the mayhem I thought it was all quite funny, but it's even funnier now thinking back. There was nothing I could have done, it was just one of those mornings...

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

I remember one of Marshall first major accidents while we were potty training and all I could do was laugh in the midst of all the mess and chaos... we were trying to get the door and we were so late. The joys of motherhood, right. You should look through the archives of my aunt's blog. She has some great stories of her crazy kiddos...

Kristin said...

HAHAHA!! That made me laugh so hard!! I love that he was laughing at himself peeing. What a boy!

Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

Cute blog, this post cracked me up! We have days were poop just ends up everywhere, and it always ends with him peeing on me. Boys! (And how come daddy is NEVER home for the major blow outs?)