Sunday, January 3, 2010

And I'm Feeling.....Good

(This is for my journaling, not so much for reading pleasure)
It's been a hectic-fun-crazy-enjoyable-month. I can't believe how long it's been since I last blogged! But like I said, we've been quite busy, not to mention out of town. Christmas was a total hit for our little family. We were all completely spoiled even though I myself kept things small. It's just an accumulation of gifts from parents, siblings, friends, and grandparents that add up to so much. But seriously....who's complaining? Not me. It was just a good thing we brought our truck down because it was packed to the max (pretty sure I haven't said that since 1994) on the way home. I'll create a separate post about Christmas and other events from December later.
Right now I'm feeling so grateful. I love my life and everything it entails. I was just sitting here thinking about the last year and I cannot believe how much the Lord has bless us. Unlike most of our loved ones, we have remained unaffected by the poor state of this countries economy. Although we feel for those it has affected, we are so grateful that we are where we are. And we know it's due to the Lord answering our prayers and leading us to Idaho. I honestly still can't even believe we live here! I never in a million years would have thought I'd live in Idaho some day. Funny story- a couple months before the whole moving to Idaho thing came about, Beau and I were driving somewhere on the freeway and we were following a car with Idaho plates going ridiculously slow in the fast lane and we couldn't get around it for one reason or another. I was getting SO frustrated (surprise, I have road-rage issues) and started saying something like, "stupid Idaho drivers! I swear they are all raised on farms where they're the only ones on what ever dirt roads there are and have no consideration for other people! I hate Idaho!" haha...karma? Come to find out, non-farming people actually do live in this fine state, and they are great, especially the farmers! I LOVE the people here. They are so down to earth, conservative and friendly. But driving here really is probably one of the most frustrating things in life. For the most part they drive 15 mph under the speed limit unless they're in parking lots and then they drive at least 55 (not even exaggerating), they don't have right hand turn lanes so you have to sit through red lights even when you're turning right, and the stop lights are SO long!!!! I really love it here though, I'm even enjoying the winter.
For the last 2 months nights have been really rough with Joshua. He wakes up at least 3 times a night crying hysterically, not just a little whining. So I have to get out of bed and calm him down. It started 2 months ago when he had a really bad ear infection, and has never stopped. About a month ago I decided it was time to just let him cry himself back to sleep, and then he started teething (his top k9's, ouch!) so I felt bad and would go at least put his binki in and he'd go back to sleep for a few hours. Now here we are, still teething, and I'm still getting out of bed 3 times a night. I've never done well with that. I'm not the type that can get woken up and go right back to sleep. Sometimes I'm up, mind racing, for an hour after I put his binki back in. That's why I had a REALLY hard time when Josh was about 2 months old and I basically hadn't slept in 2 months because he was still eating every 2 hrs, so sometimes I would only sleep 15-20 minutes before he'd need to eat again. I wish I was like Beau. That guy can sleep anytime anywhere in about 5 seconds! I have NEVER fallen asleep in a car and only one time on a plane and it was on the way back from London so it was 11 hrs and I had 4 seats to lay across. I can't fall asleep if anyone is talking around me, if there is a light on, or if the TV is on. I hate it! So anyways....the last 2 months have really been wearing on me and I'm having a hard time being happy and motivated all the time. However, I am redetermined today to be better. I'm especially not going to take it out on Beau...poor guy. I think the last couple weeks have been rough on him too, just because of me. No more though, I'm going to be better. There is something about this time of year, although I've never actually set a new years resolution, the first of January always makes me reflect and refocus on being a better person. Maybe this year I'll try the goal setting thing out.
All 'n' all, things are going great for us. Beau starts school again this Wednesday, and he only has to go to Rexburg once a week. That will be nice. We have some HUGE changes come up in the next month or two. We are really excited and a little nervous about it all, but it will be good. I'll write more about them later as well. Right now I need to go get dinner started.

No comments: