Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update

I decided I really need to post something. I've been trying to get to it for over a week, but can't seem to make myself. My lack of posting has not been because I'm so busy that I don't have time; it's because absolutely nothing has been going on!
Just a quick update on what's new.
About 3 weeks ago Beau put in his resignation at Kyani, and as of the end of February he will no longer work there! I have mixed feelings about it. I'm really excited he's going to be doing something that makes him happy and that has a future, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss the stability of a salary paying job that was basically 8-5. Until the end of February he'll still be working both jobs, but very few hours at Kyani (basically just on call for the guy taking his position). He's working for a company now called Netmark Essentials doing SEO "stuff" I couldn't tell you exactly what that is without A LOT of explanation and computer lingo that I don't totally understand myself, but he's enjoying it, that's all that matters. Beau's also still going to school, but only goes up to Rexburg once a week. He's incredibly busy right now. I saw him probably a total of 2 hours this last week, and honestly, I hope it gets better soon because I'm having a hard time being alone and cooped up in this house 24/7. I'm SO lonely and need some human interaction! I'm sure even at the end of next week it'll get better though. Or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway.
I've been trying to keep myself busy by doing little projects. I'm trying to teach myself how to sew, reading books, reading magazines, cooking new recipes, decorating my bedroom, organizing my entire house, and finding new shows to watch on hulu. A couple weekends ago I emptied every closet in our house and the garage and reorganized them all. I think we spent $100 in totes that weekend. But it's been so cool to have more space and to know where exactly everything is. I've also started baking again. I stopped for about 4 months for some reason (probably the holidays), but I'm back at it and I think I've honestly gain 10 lbs. Oh well...When I'm eating my delicious treats, I think it's worth it.
Joshua has all of the sudden turned into a crazy man. He goes non-stop. Just this last week he's come up with his own language. It's hilarious. I'll try to catch it on camera. He comes up to me and tells me the longest stories, his hands are going and everything. He's also learned how to throw some major fits. I have no idea what to do about it either, because he's too young to understand discipline. Other than the fits he's still the best little guy. He loves to hang out with me and do everything I'm doing. Right now his favorite thing is for me to read him books. I'm so glad he loves books again.
I better go, Beau is pacing because the ward party started 2 minutes ago and apparently he wants to be the first ones there. Sorry for the boring post, I'll try to post again tomorrow with some pictures.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I know how you feel-trying to find ways to keep yourself busy. I just watched a ton of Dougie Houser MD on Hulu. (Please don't tell anyone)

I wished we lived closer so we could hang out and figure out ways to entertain ourselves together.

Hughes Bunch said...

Isn't this the worst feeling ever, some days good and some days bad. I have done ok being away but it's definately an adjustment. I enjoyed reading your post cause I can totally relate. I'm sorry that your husband has been gone so much, but atleast he is trying to take care of his family. What a good guy. Anyway miss ya!!!