Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Incision


I wanted to quickly post a picture of Benson's incision while I was thinking about it so we can always remember what it looks like today. Next Tuesday we meet with the cardiologist, and she will remove the tape on both ends and snip the thread from the stitches. The incision is stitch under the skin and then the top of the skin is glued together, but apparently there are threads under the tap (we can't see them). I thought it was interesting that they would stitch underneath, but it makes since that it would keep the incision safer from bacteria and infection by gluing it. We really didn't see what it looked like until we got home, or I would have asked. I'll have to ask Dr. Judd on Tuesday. There is also a little scare lower down on his ribs (under the shadow of my hand in the picture) from where they put the drainage tube in to drain any excess fluids in this chest cavity for a few days after surgery. It will be interesting to see what his scare does as he grows up.

No comments: