Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yike!

It's 12:05 in the morning and Benson has been screaming since 9. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night and all day today I've been watching the clock just counting the minutes until bed time. Now it looks like I don't get to sleep again tonight. I can't keep this up! Benson is SO different than Josh was as a baby. Josh was the best, most content baby ever. There was never a time when I couldn't calm him down. Benson is inconsolable. Nothing I do works! Obviously, since he's been screaming for 3 hours. To make things worse, he won't take a binki and will rarely fall asleep without being nursed to sleep which goes against everything I believe in when it comes to sleep training babies. But like I said, inconsolable! Trust me, after hours of screaming, I'll do anything to make him stop, whether it brakes rules or not.
I think I'm going to take him in to the dr tomorrow for some help, cuz WOW, this is hard! I'm not going to last much longer like this.

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

I'll bounce that baby all you want these next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see you...

Ebert Family said...

that is so hard tianna...have you ever tried essential oils? They have some that are just for calming and just for colic babies. I could get you some samples you could try. A bath always calmed my babies down but I haven't had that screamed all the time. I'm sorry...i think you guys have been through enough already. Just remember that just like your time at primary's this too shall pass and pretty soon you won't remember all the hard times...!

Jen said...

In the hospital one of my Nurses told me to do skin to skin with your baby on your chest. It is suppose to help regulate everything in their little bodies and helps colic and it is suppose to help the Mom too with regulating hormones! I really think it works, just lay him on your chest I usually do it for about an hour a day! Hope that helps!