Sunday, January 8, 2012

In January!?

I cannot believe how warm it has been here lately! It's the strangest thing to me that it's January and there's not only no snow on the ground, but it's warm enough to play outside! I'm not complaining by any means, but it just feels so odd! A couple of days ago while Benson was taking his afternoon nap, Josh and I went for a bike ride, then after he woke up the boys went out and dug in the sand(mud actually)box. It was such a nice change, and it made me so excited for spring and summer. It gave me a glimpse at how nice it's going to be for me to have both my boys being able to play outside together. It seems unreal that in probably 6 to 8 months from now I will have two toddlers running around. Benson will only be 18-months-old, which is still pretty babyish, but just the fact that he'll be walking and tagging along with Josh will be so different and fun! They are already starting to play together a little bit, when Josh allows Benson to come within 3 feet of what he's playing with (which is a rear occurrence. We're working on it), and I love watching them interact.


I just checked the weather and it says there's a small chance of snow on Tuesday, I don't think it'll be much of anything, but I do think it's beginning of it. The temperature is supposed to drop into the low 30's this week as well... I guess it was good while it lasted. I'm grateful we've had such good weather this long. It makes the impending cold months feel bearable knowing there is probably only 3 months of it before we start getting the occasional warm day and only 5 months before it's summer here. We can handle that!

No comments: