Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Day on Kolob

While we were home last week, we of course had to make a trip up to Kolob to see my parents cabin. Beau actually spent two days there building rock walls and clearing fallen trees off the property, but my Mom, Taleesa, Josh and I went up later to relax and enjoy the amazing weather! As always, it was SO nice to be with my family and to be on the mountain. Being there made me that much more excited for the cabin to be finished so we can have the whole family there together. Nothing sounds more fun to me than that! Fourwheeling, fishing, swimming, watching football, playing games, staying up late talking, sledding, snowmobiling, meals cooked over a fire, huge sleepovers for the grand-kids....in the mountains, and with family. Seriously, is there anything better!? Holy cow, I can't wait!
Josh helping Dad on the loader
Our future home
"Babe, go away." That's what he's thinking.
Look at that rock wall! My computer geek husband is still pretty amazing on a machine.
After some delicious tin-dins, we roasted marshmallows. Josh gave it a shot. He'd put the mallow right IN the fire,
but pretty soon he'd get distracted and he'd start flinging his roasting stick all over the place! Usually with a flaming marshmallow dangling from the end.
Beau was running for his life at one point.
What a fun time!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

WOW!! That cabin looks awesome. How fun...I am excited for you. Camping in the mountains is really so much fun.