Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 12

Something you are OCD about:

What am I NOT OCD about!? Pretty much, I'm a clean freak and I can't relax if anything is messy in my house. It's not a good thing, trust me.
I guess what I'm particularly OCD about is having clean counter tops. I don't like to clutter things on the counter because it's just annoying to have to look at it and then put it all away after a couple days of it accumulating, so I just don't set it down to begin with. I always come in the door and put whatever is in my hands away. I also disinfect my kitchen counters almost daily. Maybe not the whole kitchen, but at least where ever I prepared food that day. I don't think I'm a germ freak in general, but the kitchen counters gross me out.
I'm also a freak about clothes being put away. Dirty clothes never hit the floor and clean clothes always get hung up as soon as they are out of the dryer. Sometimes they sit in the dryer for a week, but if I take the time to run the dewrinkle cycle and take them out, they get hung up right then. I don't want to have to iron anything if I don't have to.
Alright I better just stop there because sadly, I could go on all day. What can I say....I was born this way. Just ask my mom. She's told me stories about how when I was only 2 or 3 and I would go around the room and gather everyone's shoes up and put them in the shoe basket (I still do that too!). What 2-year-old does that and has any chance of being normal?

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

Haha. That last sentence left me chuckling... I can just see it. Tiny little Tianna keeping everything in line. Love you!!!

Mary said...

I guess there's worse things to be OCD about. I hate stuff on my counters too. Maybe it's because I have no counter space. I even put my toaster in a cabinet.

Janalee said...

Kate - she must take after you:)