Friday, October 15, 2010

Loving it...

I went to the Dr. a couple of days ago and it hit me for the first time while I was talking to him just how far along I was. I'm half way! Weird! I feel like I just found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago. In the last day or two I think I have grown at least 4 inches (around). I've really popped out! I was just looking at pictures of our trip to Hogle Zoo we took 2 weeks ago, and I've doubled in size. I've been able to feel the baby move for almost a month but I just noticed yesterday that I can feel him from the outside now too. He's an active little guy! I think even more active than Josh was. Hopefully that isn't the way it's going to be a year from now because I don't think I can handle a child more active than Josh. I'm planning on this one being very sweet and mellow. haha! Right!
It's been really interesting to me to notice the differences between my first and second pregnancies. When I first found out I was pregnant with Josh, I don't think I thought of anything else but that for the entire nine months. I was constantly thinking and reading about what I was supposed to be eating, pills to be taking, sleep I needed, the nursery, all the new baby stuff to buy, names...and it was a LONG nine months! With this pregnancy I sometimes forget I'm even pregnant at all. I haven't bought a thing (not that I need anything other than diapers, but I haven't bought those yet), I have to try really hard to remember to take my prenatal, and I haven't even gone into the basement to find my Week By Week book yet. Not that I'm not completely excited for this little guy to get here, it's just different...I'm not sure why. Probably because Joshua takes up 95% of what I think about daily. You know the pregnancy dementia? It's BAD with this one! It's seriously about all I can do every day to just make sure Josh is taken care of. Not that I'm not physically up to it most days, it's that mentally I can't do more than that, keep the house clean, and make dinner every night. It's weird. And it's probably my only complaint about this time around. With Josh I was pretty much miserable the whole 9 months, but I have felt great with this one, my brain just feels fried ALL the time. I'm not going to complain too much though, I'm beyond grateful that I feel so well!
I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, but it has been a very exhausting week for this preggers, so I need to get rest while I can. I'll post a few this weekend and hopefully get caught up.

No comments: