Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving!

This year for Thanksgiving we celebrated with my family. I was so excited because, of course I love being with my family, but also because it was the first time since we've been married that we've gone to my parents house for Thanksgiving. We have spent it with Beau's family every year except the one year we stayed up here in Idaho because I was due with Joshua 3 days after Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, Thanksgiving with the Davis' is great, but I was really missing it with my family and this year was especially awesome because everyone was there! Even Jonathan, Lauren and Jeff came! It was tons of fun!

Because of the amount of people coming, and because it's southern Nevada and we can, we planned on eating dinner outside. But the weather ended up being a little too cold for some so my dad had the idea of putting up big wall tents with heaters in the backyard. It was awesome! I think everyone loved it. It made it really comfortable and something different that we'll always remember. I personally think it should be a new tradition. Definitely one of the best Thanksgivings ever!

The grand kids (all wearing matching outfits), played and played all morning outside. It's so fun to watch them play together. They are all such good friends. It's really cute.



The tents!
Inside was nice and cozy with the heaters.

After dinner we started making our game plan for Black Friday shopping!
At 10:30 p.m. Tia, Tara, Crissy Woods and I headed up to St. George to do some serious Black Friday shopping. We had plans to start shopping at the Zion Outlet Mall at midnight but once we got into town we called Tasha and found out she was already in line at Target because she drove by to check it out and the line was already getting long. So she hopped in to save us a spot! This was at midnight u.t.! We decided to run into a couple shops in the outlet mall just because, but it was pretty lame so we went over to Target and met up with Tasha and Andrea to wait until 4 a.m. when the store opened. Jonathan and Lauren, who had already hit Walmart, came to sit in line with us as well. This year seemed to go tons faster than last year. I really feel like we only sat there for an hour, but it was actually 3. We had a serious game plan, so once the doors were opened we were in and out in 35 minutes. And everyone in our group got everything they came for. It was so much fun this year! Tara, Tahsa and I did it by ourselves last year, but I'm pretty sure we converted everyone else. Jonathan was a big fan! haha...
We ended up hitting one store after another, until 9:30 and then headed over to Taleesa's house to take quick naps before we met up with my mom for the craft fair and lunch. Although it was seriously so much fun, I wont lie, it KILLED this pregnant girl! I couldn't walk by about 7 a.m. and it took me 4 days before I felt like I was back to myself again from the lack of sleep. I think the next time I'm pregnant on Black Friday, I'll be throwing in the towel a little earlier. All-in-all though, an amazing weekend!

No comments: