Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweetheart

Lately Josh has turned into the biggest sweetheart! Not that he hasn't always been sweet, because he has, I guess the difference now is that he's started to voice his feelings. It's the best! He tells me at least 10 times a day that he loves me SO much, and loves to give hugs and kisses. He also tells Beau and I that we are his best friends all the time.
He's really into emotions in general right now. He recognizes the different emotions around him and likes to point them out. He's told me a few times lately to stop being mean if I'm getting after him for something, and if he hears a child who is crying in a store he says, oh no that boy is sad, with a concerned look on his face. He says, "that's sad," or "that's good" multiple times a day.
It's been a nice stage for a few different reasons, but mostly because it's helped him to realize that when he's doing good, he and everyone around him are happy. I've seen a big change in his attitude when it comes to making good choices. He likes it! And he likes telling me when he's done something right. He points out when he's sharing with Benson, or when he eats all of his food without me asking him to, or when he helps Benson to do something. Also if Benson is doing something against the rules like standing in the tub, Josh proudly points out that HE'S not standing up :).
It makes me happy and proud to see him acting this way. I hope it's a lesson that he can really internalize and remember throughout his life.

No comments: