Sunday, April 29, 2012

This Week

Time for my weekly update.

This week, for the most part, the weather was crappy so we had to spend a lot of time playing inside the house. By like Monday afternoon, we were all pretty bored and the 10 day forecast looked like going outside to play wasn't going to be likely, so I decided I needed to be a little more proactive with planning outings and activities. Monday night I got online (Pinterest) and also racked my brain to think of all the things I loved to do when I was a kid. I came up with loads of ideas! We ended up having such a fun week!
Josh practiced his photography skills

We planted flowers
Josh waters them every day, and just today we found the first sprout! This was seriously fun! I have loved this as much as Josh.
Our neighbors ripped up their driveway and re-poured it over the next 2 days. That provided hours of entertainment.

We made birthday cards to send to Grandma.
Painted with wheels. A total hit!

It turned into finger painting, and then he painted all the cars with the paintbrush.
So then we had a car wash. Seriously, kept him busy for hours! He was having a blast.

We also played parking lot. He enjoyed this more than anything else we did all week. The simplest thing.
We worked on learning our numbers, and it went really well. I was impressed.
We also went to story time, played at Barnes and Noble, went to the park, went to gymnastics, did some shopping, and spent Tuesday playing with Jace.
Definitely a good week.

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

I think all that fun earns you the "coolest mom award!" I love that painting with wheels idea. We're going to have to do that for sure!