Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Project Of A House...

So, although moving into this house has been a pretty Big down-grade from what we lived in in Utah, we have LOVED the projects that come with a older, simpler home. We've redone just about everything but the kitchen sink (seriously though). The yard, if you could call it a yard, was a DISASTER to say the least. Weeds were knee high and had completely taken over the grass. So we planted new grass in both the front and the back yard, put in a planter in the front, fixed the existing planter/hill in the back and watered watered watered! Oh and prept a spot for a HUGE garden next spring. It all turned out pretty nice if I do say so myself. Especially for our first go at this whole landscaping thing.
*Our humble Abode*
*The front planter. This is an old picture. It looks better now that the grass has grown in around it and the flowers have bloomed more.

*My favorite flowers
*Beau work'n on the back planter. This used to be a big hill with the tree on top, so the tree wasn't getting any water and it was dying! I don't know what the previous owners were thinking. It looks a lot better than before, I just hope the tree survives.
*Just watering the lawn...The garden spot is in the back ground though. (Mom, doesn't the lawn look good!?)

As for the inside of the house. We have Painted our little hearts out! It started with just the front room, which HAD to be painted because it was the darkest, ugliest color ever:( I painted that the day we moved in, before we did anything else. Then I thought, hey...since we have some extra paint, why not paint our bedroom? We did that the next weekend. Then after a couple months of living here, I could stand the color of the ENTIRE house no more! So two weekends ago I decided we were painting the whole thing! The kitchen was a lot more work than I thought because I didn't take into account the fact that we would have to pull out all the appliances and do SO much taping around all the cabinets, but it really wasn't that bad, and it makes a world of a difference. Once that was done there really wasn't a lot of house left. We did that the next day in just a couple hours. I'm super happy that we did it. It's amazing what a little bit of good quality paint does to the look of a house.

*Beau painting the kitchen. I promise I really do help out with all these projects, but I'm also the photographer in the family so I don't get in any pictures.

*The TALL wall! Kind of a weird pic but you get the point. It's from upstairs looking down.
*The living room all put together...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Super cute little woman!! You guys have made your house look soooo much better than it was before you moved in. Saweet:}

teamscow said...

Pretty impressive! It looks great Beau. We miss you guys and hope to come visit you soon!