Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Where Oh Where Did November Go...

Wow! I don't even know where to start! I have so much to post about, and I haven't posted about anything worth while for over a month. During the month of November we were home for a total of 10 days and some of those weren't whole days. We started out the month with a fun visit from my parents. They came for a weekend and we had a good time just relaxing and my mom and I did some Christmas shopping. Then the day they left Beau and I started our week long babysitting adventure. It was an adventure for sure! Going from one to seven kids is quite an adjustment. I learned A LOT however, and it turned out to be a pretty fun week. We had a couple rough days though. Joshua was pretty fussy from the time we got there and I couldn't figure out why, so I passed it off as he was just having a hard time being away from home and not getting 100% attention from me. Then Wednesday night he went to bed for a couple hours but woke up at 10 just screaming, and didn't stop until 4 am when we took him into the ER....Well we didn't actually make it into the ER because on the way there he FINALLY fell asleep, so Beau decided to just drive around for a while until our pediatricians office opened. When we took him in we found out he had a really bad ear infection and it was causing a lot of pain. So all three of us got zero hours of sleep that night and had to get going at 6:30 in the morning taking care of 6 other kids. It was just a good thing that their kids were awesome! They were great kids.
A few things I learned during that week:
  • You can really get a lot done before 8 am if you get up and showered by 6:30.
  • Reading family scriptures in the morning is the way to go.
  • Having six kids is so much fun (too bad I could never handle being pregnant 6 times).
  • Spacing your kids out is totally ok. Even if they are over 3 years apart, they still play really well together.
  • I love being busy all day!
  • I want a Yukon bad!
  • We will never have cable/satellite in our home while our kids are growing up. I was scared to death to even flip through the channels when the kids were in the room because every other one had something awful on it, like a woman in her underwear! When did they start showing stuff like that? No one needs those images in their head, especially not little boys. And the language on TV these days! What can't they say!? The world is getting more and more corrupt everyday, the most we can do is make our home a safe escape from its temptations. I know not everyone feels that way, and maybe as my kids grow up my opinion will change, but that really hit me hard while we were at the Hansen's. Alright, I'm finished.
  • It takes a lot of money to feed 8 people 3 times a day.
  • And A LOT of milk! I think we went through 2 gals. a day, at least.
A couple weekends ago we also went to a Jazz game. SO FUN! I think I already wrote about it, but I wanted to post a picture. We were so close, it was amazing. We're going again next weekend and this time we have box seats! I love Beau's job (sometimes).


THEN...there was Thanksgiving. We went home this year and spent Thanksgiving day with the Davis'. While we were down there we did some hardcore Black Friday shopping, went four wheeling and celebrated Joshua's birthday. It was a fun trip and we can't wait to go back again for Christmas!

No comments: