Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Pt. 2

Christmas morning Joshua woke up to see that Santa had brought him a train table! He was a little timid at first, but once he realized that it was his, he was pretty excited. He wasn't interested in anything but the table though. We couldn't get him to open any other presents for about a half hour, then Grandpa opened his dump truck with him and he forgot all about the train table for a few minutes. It was so much fun watching Josh get excited about Christmas. He loved it! And the best part is, is that it's 3 weeks later and he still LOVES all of his toys. It's been so nice to have new things around to keep him entertained. He especially loves his tractors and fire station.
The day after Christmas we went down to Bunkerville to celebrate with my family. We all went to church together and then opened presents afterward. After we opened presents and had lunch, the whole extended family got together at Janet's studio for family pictures. We got them taken because, first of all we were all (minus Tiffany)in town which doesn't happen very often, and second because there is no one on a mission right now. The last picture we had taken of all of us I think I was a sophomore in high school! It's pretty outdated. It was fun getting together with everyone and the pictures went so smoothly! I was shocked. There were so many people and tons of kids, but everyone cooperated and it was really fast. I'm excited to see how they turned out.
For Christmas my parents and Beau got me my double stroller! Beau totally surprised me! I've had my heart set on this stroller for a while now, but I figured it was out of our price range, so I was trying to find something cheaper that would do, but the more I looked around the more I LOVED the other stroller. I was having a hard time deciding what to do and a week or so before Christmas I was telling Beau about it. So I guess the day after that conversation he talked to my parents and they decided that that was what they were going to do and he ordered it. Since it was so close to Christmas, and because we never did decide one way or the other on getting it or not, I never even suspected he'd get it. But I'm so glad he did! I love it. I don't know if it's normal to be this excited about a stroller, but I am! It makes me feel a lot better about having 2 kids.
He also got me a few other things but one of my favorite gifts was my blog printed into a book! It's amazing! I have loved looking through it the last couple weeks. It's a really good motivator to blog more so we can have a whole collection of books as our family history.
I got Beau and miter saw and new church shoes plus all the other little things like clothes and gadgets. He also got an iHome, speakers for his computer, and a pistol holster. I can't remember everything else but basically we all got spoiled!
Thanks everyone for such a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

I've been meaning to ask you about your blog book. We need to chat soon!