Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Break Pt. 1

I was so excited for Christmas break this year, and I was definitely not disappointed! We had the Best Christmas of our lives. We spent tons of time with family, ate so much food, and got completely spoiled! Of course I have a million pictures, but I'll just try to narrow it down to a few.

We went down south for 2 weeks, and the first week was spent with my family in Nevada. As always, we had a lot of fun. Every day that we're in town is a party. This year was especially fun because the Potter's were in Bunkerville too! The weather was pretty bad all week so the things we had planned kinda fell through, or they did them later after we'd had left town, but we still had fun going bowling, playing games, and just hanging out. I pulled a muscle while we were bowling and it still hasn't healed. They tell you to avoid contact sports while you're pregnant, but they left out bowling. Apparently it's risky because boy did I hurt my hip! I walk and feel like I'm 95. But anyway.... here are some pictures from our first week.
*Playing with Grandpa and Sam. So cute!
There was major flooding while we were down. Just as bad as the floods of 2005. The amount of water was amazing!
This river usually looks like a a little stream.We went to a Christmas party at the Fire station. It's officially Joshua's favorite place to be in the whole world. He LOVES fire trucks. After this trip he thinks that Santa comes on a fire truck, not a sled. Every times he's seen him, he's been on one. We'll try to fill him in on the whole Santa/sled/reindeer story next year, but for now, we're ok with fire trucks rather than sleds.
*Loving his cake pop!
Christmas Eve was celebrated at the Davis'. The Ott's came and we had a yummy dinner, then read the Christmas story from the Bible, sang some carols, and opened gifts from each other. After presents were opened, PJ the elf came and brought the kids some PJ's! It was a nice quiet, and relaxing night. Christmas eve is not too crazy on that side of the family yet (as apposed to my side), but I imagine in a couple more years there will be enough grandkids to really stir things up.
*Reading a Christmas book that Grandma Davis gave Josh. It's such a cute book!

No comments: