Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Resolve

I made a resolution that if nothing else, I'd at least sit down every Sunday this year and blog. Even if I don't feel like there is anything to write about, or have any cute pictures to post, I need to make an effort for journal purposes. It seems like an appropriate Sunday thing to do anyway.
  • So this week has been one of those weeks where I don't feel like there is anything to write about. I've been keeping myself busy by trying to get the two boys rooms decorated. I've been working on it since the beginning of the month, since we moved Josh into a twin bed, but this week I actually started putting things together. The thing holding us up has been the fact that we've had to buy Josh all new furniture. We moved everything he had into the nursery. I scored at Downeast and got both boys some awesome toy boxes/bookshelf things! Seriously, Scored! I have been coveting these shelves in The Land of Nod magazine for a long time but would never even consider paying the $400 they want for them so when I found them on clearance at Downeast I had to get them! I originally just got one for Josh's room, but Beau suggested we go get the other one for the nursery because we'd eventually need it anyway, so we did. Anyway, after getting those and Joshua a dresser, I finally had a starting point. I got him some cute bedding and I've been working on his quilt and throw pillow. It's turing out pretty cute, but his room is far from finished. The nursery however, is pretty much done because I put everything up I had for Josh before. It's seriously nice having two boys in a row. I love it! It's always nice to have a project and it feels good at have some of the house decorated. The rest still looks like we just moved in, but that's ok. I'll get around to it eventually...
  • Josh has been going through a weird faze this week. It's been challenging, but after today I feel like we might have a handle on it. He just woke up about a week ago and decided he was going to be a complete monster. At first I blamed it on teething, but after a day or two I realized that teething or not, I could let him act the way he was. He was yelling at me all day long and refused to do anything I asked. And if he wasn't yelling at me, he was screaming and throwing a HUGE fit! I'm not exagerating either, it was constant, no down time in between fits for about 4 days. Even if I were to ask him if he wanted a treat, he'd answer me with a snarly NNNNNNNO! Then when I'd say ok and walk away, the fit would begin because he really wanted the treat but was refusing to tell me yes. It was out of control and so out of character for Josh. To try and help him this weekend, Beau and I have been over the top positive and loving, giving him every second we could of our attention, and I'm pretty sure he snapped out of it. Today has been a really good day. We're back to laughing and playing. I hope it sticks because I was this close to shipping him to Grandma's house. My mom called in the middle of one of his fits and after I explained that that was how he had been for days she offered. It was tempting.
  • We buzzed Josh's hair tonight and he looks SO cute! I love how it makes him look so much younger. I think we'll keep it cut short. When he realized what we were getting ready to do he started crying a little, but as soon as we started and got him a little distracted he sat and played quietly in the sink the entire time. HUGE milestone for him! It's always been a traumatic experience in the past.
  • I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow and will get checked for the first time. I don't know if I will ever get over how uncomfortable that makes me. I'm interested to get the results though. Funny thing. We sat behind my Dr. in stake conference today. We ran into each other in the hall and we said hi. Then I was thinking, "see ya tomorrow....in the stirrups!" Kinda awkward...
  • I'm 3 lbs away from weighing more than Beau. That's always my favorite part of pregnancy. Not!
  • I'm really feeling 8 months pregnant these days. Just hit me a day or two ago. I'm starting to swell, waddle, and be short of breath after walking 10 steps. It's awesome. I'm hoping that my Dr. will be able to adjust my hips and back tomorrow because they are really out of place. It's going to be a hard month if I can't get any relief. There really is nothing like that last 4 weeks of pregnancy. I envy those girls who have their babies early and never have to experience it.
  • I want to make an effort to be a better, more outgoing friend. I think this week we will have a bbq and invite some people from our ward over. I love my outgoing friends who are always inviting me to do things with them, but I'm just not that type. I want to be though...so I'm going to try.
  • I've been having a hard time consistently reading my scriptures over the last little while (like 8 months!), mostly because I'm so tired at night that it's easier to just go to sleep especially because Beau and I hardly ever go to bed at the same time, so I have no one to be accountable to if I don't. Beau studies his alone a lot for various church things and even more now that he has a D&C class. I've always done well setting a goal to read the Ensign each month, so I decided this week I'm going to go back to that. I've been reading it every night and I really love it. I look forward to it actually. But today I started wondering if I should be feeling guilty about not reading my scriptures. I don't know how to feel about it.
  • We are all adjusting to Beau's new schedule, and it has not been near as bad as we anticipated. There are days when I resent that he has to go back to work so soon after dinner because that's the time of day when I'm starting to feel exhausted and want help with Josh, but for the most part it hasn't been too bad. Weekends especially have been life savers and we love that time we have to spend together.
Alright, I'm off to bed. I have a couple cute pictures of Josh to post, so hopefully I can make time to do that tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ha ha. "See you in the stirrups tomorrow." Funny. I'm starting those appointments next week. Can't wait (not really).

I waddle too. I did at first kind of to be funny, but now I'm afraid it's stuck. Oh well...