Sunday, September 18, 2011

Benson at 6 months!

HOLY COW! I cannot believe Benson is already 6 months old! Time's going way too fast.

This little guy is SO much fun!
I get comments almost every time I leave the house about what a happy baby I have because he is always laughing and smiling, no matter what! He just loves life.

At 6 months Benson:
  • Weighs 19 lbs 8 oz - 85%
  • Is 27" tall - 68%
  • His head is 18.5 cm - 99%
  • Sits pretty well by himself, but I always put the boppy behind him just in case
  • Sleeps from 8 pm - 6 am, then eats and goes back to sleep until 8 or 8:30
  • Takes 3 naps, one and 10, 2, and a short one at 5:30
  • Eats baby food like a champ, but still loves hit oatmeal the best
  • Still taking AR meds morning and night. I've tried to ween him a couple times, but as soon as he misses one day he starts having trouble eating and spits up tons. On the medication he has no problems.
  • Wears 12 month clothes.
  • Is in size 3 diapers.
  • Rolls over the second I put him on his stomach. I'm pretty sure he's never going to crawl, and I'm totally ok with that. I don't want him to, mostly because church is a nightmare when that starts and it goes down hill from there until 18 months.
  • Loves his dad! All Beau has to do is walk into the room and Benson starts going nuts, squealing and flailing his arms around for him.
  • Loves to blow raspberries.
  • Smiles constantly.
  • Wakes up SO happy in the mornings. I love going up to get him because he's so happy to see me.
  • Nurses every 3-3 1/2 hours.
  • Is content to sit on the floor with the simplest toy for a long time.
  • Doesn't like the jumperoo for very long. I think it's too much exercise for the chunker.
  • Absolutely loves to read books!
  • Doesn't like Bananas.
  • Lays his head on my shoulder when he's tired! I always wanted Josh to do that, but he never would.
  • Doesn't take a binki at all. I finally gave up trying to force it on him.
  • Is very curious about everything I'm doing.
  • Doesn't fall asleep very often outside is crib. It's always a sad day when that happens.
  • Thinks Josh is just so funny.



We are so grateful for Benson and can't imagine our lives without him. He is such a good little guy and melts our hearts daily with his sweet smiles and hugs.

1 comment:

Jessica&Cameron said...

Cute.. that went by SO fast! My little boy is a chunker too!!