Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sept. 15

It's been a rough few days around here! We have all had the stomach flu for going on 4 days now and it just doesn't seem to be getting any better for Beau and I. Josh is finally over it, but just when Beau and I think we are, it hits us again. And on top of that, I came down with a cold 2 days ago. I probably shouldn't even be writing right now, I'm on so much medication I can't even see straight, but if I don't now I'll get too far behind.
Beau's had a good first week of school, other than being sick. He likes his classes a lot and has one particular professor that he really likes, his names Bro. Earl. Of course his favorite class is a business class, Beau loves what he is learning in college and is able to apply it to his businesses.
I've been in survival mode all week. Just trying to get over this darn sickness and take care of kids. I've had 2 nights this week with less than 3 hours of sleep because I was throwing up all night one night and then next I just couldn't breath. It's totally drained me. I haven't done much other than the necessities, and I haven't done a very good job at that. Today I needed to run to Sams to get stocked back up on fruits and veggies and after I put a hat on to cover my greasy hair I went to get Josh in the car and realized he was still in pajamas. It was 5:30. Then we came home and had the saddest dinner ever because it was all I felt like I could hold down, and Beau felt the same way so it was pointless to make anything. I guess as long as he doesn't care, I shouldn't. I do feel like we are starting to get better though. So hopefully in a couple days we'll be back to normal.
Josh has been so good this week, thank heavens! The end of last week when he wasn't feeling very well, he was having a rough time minding. I didn't realize he was sick for a couple days and was worried about him, then when he stopped eating I figured it out. Now that he's feeling better he's back to his sweet little self. Man, he makes me laugh all day long! He's so funny! I'm going to write a whole post on the funny things he's been doing and saying lately.
I think Bens has had a bit of a stomach bug too, just not as bad as the rest of us. He hasn't really been himself the last couple days....but today was better than yesterday.
A friend of mine just had a baby 2 days ago and she was born with a heart problem so she had to be flown to Primary Childrens. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Just hearing about it brought back so many memories of the day we got the news and had to go to Primaries. The first 2 days were so hard because of the fear of the unknown. I have so many good memories from those two weeks, and over all when I think back on the experience I just remember feeling so at peace and loved...other than the first 2 days. All I remember about those days is being so scared and worried, and stressed about what to do with Josh, and where we were going to stay, and for how long. And that is what my friend and her husband are going through. I feel so bad, and wish there was something I could do. It's been two days now and the baby had a persidure done today that went really well. From the sounds of it, they'll be going home soon. I'm so happy for them and hope everything goes smoothly.
This weekend should be nice. It's supposed to rain, and I love the rain. I think Fall is coming soon! Fall is my favorite season, I love it, but hate that winter follows. We'll be spending as much time as we can outside the next few weeks. We need to soak in as much sun and warmth as we can!

No comments: