Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2011

I'm feeling the need to update...for family history purposes.
I've been thinking a lot this week about how I can make this blog more of a journal and not just pictures of whatever the boys are doing at the moment. Although I LOVE that and don't plan on ever changing it, I just think it needs more. I don't like writing information about myself and my feelings or thoughts; however, I think some day I'll look back and be sad that I didn't document more details about our current situation. Because I'm uncomfortable about putting everything out there for the whole world to read, I've considered going private, but honestly, a huge motivator for me to blog all the time is because it's the only way our extended families get to see our kids as they are growing up, and I know if I go private a lot of those relatives wont be able to see it anymore. I love that my dad bookmarked my blog on my grandpa Hulet's computer so all he has to know how to do is open a browser and click one button. And I love that my grandma and grandpa Anderson can check it too. My grandma tells me all the time how much she loves reading this blog, and sometimes when I really don't feel like posting, I think of her and how she's probably waiting for a new post, and it motivates me to do it. There are others too, that I know would miss it if they didn't know how to sign in to look...
My point is, I'm really going to try to put more details of our life into this blog because I want it to be in our family history forever. Even if that means I sit down and just write about something I've been thinking about that day, or a big change in our lives, or something that I've gained a testimony of, or even something that I'm struggling with right then, because that's what a journal is for. Some day hopefully me or my posterity will be able to look back and maybe learn something or at least get a good laugh.

Starting today!

Sept. 11, 2011
Beau starts school again tomorrow. I have mixed feelings. It's been so nice being able to spend time with him the last month and a half, but the sooner he starts again, the sooner he finishes. The count down is on! As of right now our plans are to move back to S. Utah when he graduates next July, but we will have to wait and see what happens. Recently whenever I think about moving back it makes me so sad to think about leaving here! I never thought I'd say that, but it's true, I think Idaho Falls has grown on me. It feels like home. It's almost all Beau and I have known as a married couple, and it's all our kids know. We love our house, our neighborhood, our ward, and have really made some good friends who will be hard to leave behind. I think for the first couple years we were here, we lived with the mentality that living here was temporary and we were just doing our time, and I think that really kept us from ever settling down and establishing ourselves here. We didn't care to get involved or go out and make friends, because we were leaving soon. However, in the last year that's really changed. I'm not sure why or how, but we are established. This is our home. It breaks my heart to think about leaving...so for right now (and for as long as I can get away with), I'm just not going to think about it :)
Beau's really excited to start school. He's a total nerd and has spent the last couple weeks reading his texts books at night. Seriously, from cover to cover! He makes me laugh. I'm glad he's so excited about what he's learning though.
He's still as busy as ever with work. He gave Netmark his notice last week and has agreed to stay on and train his replacement over the next 60 days. After that, he'll be doing a little internet marketing and running he and his dad's trucking company. So here we go, starting another new adventure. I have a feeling our lives are going to be full of new adventures. But that's ok, change is good.
As for me, I'm just busy being a mom. I feel like I've gotten the hang of having two kids. I had myself pretty psyched out that it was going to be the hardest thing ever, but it hasn't been near as hard as I thought. It took some adjusting, but that didn't take long to get use to and now I feel like having two kids isn't all that different than one. I've started decorating the house a little bit. Last week I made drapes for my room and finished the nursery, and then on Saturday I bought a dresser to refinish and turn into an entertainment center. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm excited to have a project. My next project is going to be turning the basement into a play place for winter. We're going to move the tramp back inside and probably come up with some sort of indoor sandbox. I've also thought about making a ball pit and setting up a class room down there too. I'm really going to be more proactive this winter to keep us from going too crazy. Other than the occasional project and everyday mom and wife jobs I don't have time for much else. If I do have free time it's at night after the boys are in bed, and I usually like to get on the internet to check blogs and pinterest for more project ideas and new recipes to try. My life is pretty exciting, I know. but I love it! I love being a mom to these two boys. It's the most important and satisfying job there is.

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

Oh friend. I don't know what to do with you! ;) I'm glad you're letting yourselves enjoy it up there. Due to some unforeseen expenses, I don't think we'll be coming up this fall :( Heaven forbid you stay past next summer, but if you do we can come see you then :)