Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coloring Rocks

While we were down visiting family last time, I was baby sitting my nieces and they asked if we could color rocks. It's something that I introduced to them a long time ago, and they think it's fun, so it's become something we do a lot when we visit. This last time we were down, I let Josh try it for the first time and he loved it! We hadn't done it since our visit home, but the other day when I asked Josh if he wanted to paint, he said he wanted to paint rocks. It took me a minute to understand what he was saying, because you don't actually paint the rocks, you put the rocks in the oven for about 10 minutes and then color on them with crayons and the crayons melt. Once I figured out what he was talking about we went outside and he picked out a couple rocks to "paint." He had so much fun that now he asks me every day if we can paint rocks :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tianna! Where the heck do you come up with these ideas? Really? melting crayons on rocks? safari excursions??? really? how fun are you?! You are SUCH a doll! I just love you! Feel free to share your fun ideas with me!

Bobbi Holm said...

i love this idea tianna. i am going to have to steal it and do it with my nieces and nephews, theyll love it.. thanks for sharing, it beats just coloring them.

Mary said...

I saw this idea and did it this summer with my nieces and nephews. So fun. The cheapest craft ever.