Thursday, March 4, 2010

Big Boy

I was looking at Josh today and it was the first time I thought he looked like a toddler rather than a baby. Weird. I don't know if I like it.

He's still as cute as ever.

He's starting to act like a big boy too. Just last week he decided he was going to be Mr. independent. Which is nice in a lot of ways, but sad in others. I don't want him to grow up.

Josh's tricks at 15 months:
He hides behind doors and waits for me to walk through, then jumps out and yells HEY!
He's wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 4 or 5 shoes.
He refuses to wear bibs (totally annoying!)
He will entertain himself for quite a while. SO NICE! I feel like I can get a few things done during the day if I need to.
He loves to be chased around the house, and thinks it's even more fun when he's naked.
He still dances to EVERYTHING and has some serious moves. He just started standing on one foot and swinging the other leg around tonight. SO funny!
He takes solid 3 hr naps every day from 12-3. Some days it's longer. Today it was 4 hrs.
He goes to bed between 8:30 and 9 every night and gets up between 6:30 and 7.
He LOVES to fit one object inside another object.
He still has a bottle 3 times a day and I have no idea when I'll take that away. I guess I'll know when it's time (maybe when he has more than 7 teeth, all in the front).
Has 7 teeth. 4 on top and 3 on bottom.
He love's fruit snacks.
And touch and feel books.
He will only watch the TV if The Incredibles are on. He absolutely loves that movie. No more Toy Story.
One of his favorite things to do is roll around on our bed. He'll stand up and do a dead man fall face first into the pillows.
He says: Mom, Dad, Dog, Ruff ruff, Hello, Hey, and Sick!
Hardly ever cries or whines.
He's a really good shopper as long as I have snacks.
He still travels like a champ. Thank goodness! He can make a 7 1/2 hr drive as well as I can. I only fuss for about the last hr.
He's still not interested in church. haha...hates it actually. Hopefully that changes soon.
Loves his dad SO much and cries when he leaves for work in the mornings.
Would live outside if I'd let him.
And his new favorite thing (and mine too) is that he LOVES to cuddle with me! It seriously makes me SO happy! From the second he was born he would have rather been laying on the ground alone than for us to hold him. But that's slowly changed, and now he loves to cuddle. It's so nice! He's even started to fall asleep while being held if we're somewhere where we can't put him in bed! It's the best thing ever.

I love him!
Oh my heck I need to get to bed! 6:30 is SO early! P.S. does anyone know how to get your kid to sleep in? I'm totally ok with 7, but nothing in the 6's. There's something psychological about it.

No comments: