Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday

Joshua is one scheduled kid. His nap time is at noon, but on Sunday's I always debate with myself whether I should let him sleep or not before church because we go at 1. If he does sleep it's only for 45 minutes before we have to wake him up to leave, and with that, you never know if he's going to wake up a bear or a peach. So yesterday I decided I was going to try keeping him up in hopes that he'd fall asleep in sacrament meeting and I'd actually get to sit in the meeting and listen for the first time in a year. Just before noon I needed to get some potatoes cut up so I sat Josh on the couch to watch a movie,
and this is what happened at 12:02.

So I took advantage and got him ready for church while he couldn't fight me. I'm thinking I'll get him dressed everyday while he's asleep. He's SUCH a stinker to get dressed lately. You'd think I was cutting off his arm as mad as he gets about it. He just hates to stop, even for the 2 minutes it takes to get dressed. He's on the run 24/7.
He was so out! He had no idea.
Speaking of Sunday's. I hate them! My whole life they have been me favorite day of the week. Call me crazy, but I have always loved going to church (even as a brat teenager), until lately. Lately, I get up, shower, get all dressed up ,actually do my hair for once, put on my heels, maybe even wear jewelry, and go walk the halls of the church for 2 hours and 45 minutes. Really I just want to put my running clothes/shoes on. By the end of the block I'm SO tired and feel like I've just run a marathon. AND...for all that work, I'm technically inactive and I'm not spiritually uplifted in the least. I haven't marked a roll in probably a year. It's sad really. The relief society presidency came and visited me last month and at first it didn't hit me why they came, but a little while later I realized they were out visiting inactive women in the ward, and I was on the list! It makes me feel so bad! I WANT to go SO bad, believe me. I'd give anything to go and sit there, child free, for an hour and learn. Josh wont sit still and be quiet for 2 seconds, especially by the 3rd hour. I can't entertain him with anything! I took him into RS yesterday determined to mark that stink'n roll and get off the inactive list, and as soon as I sat down he started yelling and arching his back to get down. I thought I'd just let him wonder around right there by me as long as it would keep him quiet, but he went straight over to a little baby and started eating her treats and getting in her diaper bag which was making her mad. I grabbed him and tried giving him HIS treats, but he wanted non of it and started yelling at me to let him go. So we left. I don't get it! He's such an angel all week until Sunday! I don't know what I'm supposed to do with him. I'm not the type that will let my child walk all over me, but at his age there is nothing I can do to teach him correct behavior. He just doesn't understand yet. I guess I'll just do my best for 2 1/2 more months until he can go to nursery.
Maybe I should look at it as a good chance to exercise since it's just not happen'n any other day of the week.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I think Sundays are miserable for moms. Nap time? Seriously?

You're doing better than you think. I look up to moms on Sunday so much!

Kristin said...

you're such a good mom. unfortunately our church has to be 3 freakin hours long and we've all been there with our littles! i seriously think nursery needs to let em in when they learn how to walk!

you should seriously just start dropping him off in nursery now so he'll get used to it. my kids would always go and bang on the piano during relief society. so embarrassing!

DANIELLE said...

this post sounded like i wrote it...the best is the older ladies that keep looking over their shoulders silently telling you to get out! its so nive when nursery time comes and here i am starting over! scary, dont feel bad its hard too because a lot of people dont go with that age kid so you feel like the only one