Thursday, March 11, 2010

Projects. Will they ever end?

Tonight I sat down and made a list of all the projects I'd like to do around my house and projects that I'm already in the middle of, and the list is long. I mean LONG! I don't know what's gotten into me lately, but all of the sudden I have the urge to have every square inch of my house completely organized and decorated. Which is probably a good idea since we've lived in this mess for 2 years now. In the passed I've had the mentality that we weren't going to live in this house very long so I shouldn't put any effort or money into decorate it, but it's looking like we're going to be here at least another year. So I figure I better make the most of it and make the house as cute as I can! I broke the list down into individual projects and what I needed to buy in order to complete each one. It really shouldn't take that much money or time, just a lot of shopping at quite a few different stores..... And there in lies the problem.
For me, shopping consists of hitting one store a day, with a well thought out and written list in hand, getting in and out as fast as possible while shoving fruit snacks in Josh's mouth to keep him happy and steering the cart with my one free hand. That means at this rate it could take me weeks to gather the materials to even begin. HUM......? Maybe I could talk Beau into watching Josh for a couple hrs this Saturday so I can do some major shopping and knock it all out in a day. That would be a dream!
I started one project yesterday and I've found that doing anything of an organizing/decorating nature while Joshua is awake can be quite a challenge.
I was trying to do this to the inside of my craft closet door last night (it's super super nice to have all my wrapping paper and stationary stuff organize by the way. All for $9!),
and for a project that should have only taken 10 minutes, it took over an hour. Every time I went to grab something, it was nowhere to be found! I would have the basket held perfectly level and in place, then I'd reach for my pencil to make a mark as to where to put the screws, and it would be gone! So I'd go to grab the tape to hold the basket in place while I went to find another pencil, and it would be across the room! I couldn't keep anything within reach to save my life. My little stinker hauled off all my tools! I was pretty patient with him the whole time until I was standing on our office chair trying to screw in the top basket and he was standing below me spinning the chair! I was trying to hold on while keeping the basket in place, and in the process I dropped the screws and the screw gun. At that point I wasn't very patient! I had to remind myself that he didn't understand what he was doing was wrong and I shouldn't be yelling at him. But seriously, come on!
Anyway...From what I've learned through my experiences the last couple days, I have a feeling I'm going to be doing the majority of my decorating and organizing in the wee hours of the morning for my own sanity. That's alright though, I'm up anyway (case in point, it's 12:36 am as I'm writing this).
I don't usually blog about decorating stuff, but maybe I'll post about some of my many projects.

1 comment:

The Stratton's said...

I love to see your name at the top of my blog roll! Where did you get those baskets. You've inspired me! Keep up the good work. And oh yeah! I'll go shopping with you. Wait. We live to far from you guys.