Friday, September 10, 2010

Quick Update

I thought I better write a quick update before things get nuts and I don't even look at the computer for another month. Our lives have gotten a little crazy the last few weeks and it's going to get worse for a while.
While we were in Southern Utah the end of August we got word that an offer had been put in on our house. Our agent emailed us the documents and we decided it was definitely an offer worth excepting. At that point we were a little unsure as to what we should plan on doing next. From the time we put our house up for sale, we had been planning on moving to Provo and finishing school up at the Y, but now that we really had to make a for-sure decision we had to consider everything. After calling BYU then UVU and finally SUU, we were actually leaning towards SUU. We were running into issues with BYU (which has always been our #1 choice) but SUU would give Beau instate tuition and housing there was SO much cheaper than the Provo/Orem area. So we left Southern Utah basically telling everyone we'd be moving down to Cedar in a couple weeks.
The Sunday after we got back home we fasted and prayed to see if Cedar was where we were supposed to be. After church we were sitting down to dinner and I asked Beau if he had had any thoughts or feelings on the matter, and he just looked at me and said, I think we need to look into BYUI. WHAT! As far as I was concerned staying in Idaho was NOT an option. That's all that was said about it at dinner, but I was pretty irritated the rest of the day. Then over the next two days we bounced back and forth between Cedar and Provo some more, but nothing ever seemed to work out or feel right. Finally out of frustration I said, are we just supposed to stay here!? Why are we even moving!? And as soon as I said it out loud, both Beau and I knew it was what we were supposed to do. As much as I wanted to get out of Idaho, I have felt completely calm, if not even a little glad about it since we made the decision.
Beau will start school full time in January at BYUI and will be able to graduate in just a year and a half with his BS along with a minor in Russian. It's going to be a really challenging year and a half for both of us, we'll make it though, we always do. I don't know if I'm ready to be a single parent yet, but luckily I have 3 months to prepare myself.
We are still moving out of our little house. It's set to close on the 24 but will probably happen the end of next week. We found an amazing house on the south end of town and cannot wait to move into it. We got the keys today, and I totally want to move our beds over tonight! But that doesn't really make sense, so I think we're shooting for next Friday. Beau still has to finish putting in the fence around the yard here (it was part of the offer), which wont be done until next Thursday, and I haven't even thought about packing yet! I need to go over and clean the new house as well. It's new construction so I'll have to wipe down walls and everything. It could take a few days. Then we'll move our stuff over and I'll spend a few days cleaning this house before I can focus on getting settled in over there. I'm tired just thinking about it.
We're SO excited for the move! The new house is a lot bigger than our house now, which we need so badly. We are bursting at the seams in this place and half of our belongings are in storage in southern Utah. It's also in a really nice neighborhood (with a park!) that is closer to all the things we do the most. Right now we're about 15-20 minutes away from the Zoo, and in the new house we will be about 45 seconds away from the zoo. It's literally on the same street, about 4 blocks down. The zoo is also in the same park that we always go to to play, so it will be really nice to be closer to that. And we have friends that live one subdivision over, I'm way excited to live close to them!
We're going to miss living just 1 house away from the Dalton's, they are our family up here and we love them. But they're house is for sale right now, so hopefully soon they'll be leaving as well, and I know we'll still spend lots of time together. They'll never get rid of us!
Anyway....that's the update so far. Hopefully nothing major changes and everything goes smoothly. If there is anything that Beau and I have learned in our marriage, it's that the Lord takes care of you when you are doing His will. Even when we are asked to make sacrifices and put aside our desires, he will bless us for it and those blessings make it worth it. We have ALWAYS been taken care of and have an extremely good life. We are so blessed.

So, here's to a few more years in Idaho! (Don't be afraid to come visit)

3 comments:

The Stratton's said...

I wish I could come help you clean. That kind of cleaning is always much more fun! Probably because it comes with a huge reward at the end of it.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Mae me tear up when you said you said it out loud & it felt right. I fought 10 months NOT to be in Idaho but once we moved I haven't looked back .. we are supposed to be here. Glad you will be so close, now hen Lucy asks or Josh we can walk over!

Unknown said...

I'm a bit sad at the news... but if you are STILL in Idaho in 1 and 1/2 years... Chad and I might be up there, so maybe you can stay even longer. ;) Sure love you and am happy to read about your positive assurance about the whole situation! Excited to see pictures of the new house once you get it decorated!