Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 7

The dr's came in this morning and told us surgery would be tomorrow. They ordered all of the pre-op labs, a chest X-ray, and another more thorough Eco. They don't want any surprises when they get in there and want to make sure nothing has changed. I was getting really excited and nervous (seriously, my stomach as been doing flips all morning) about him going under, then about 10 minutes ago they called and said that the surgery has been bumped to Wednesday. Now all I want to do is cry. It's been over a week of waiting! Please just fix my son's heart! I'm tired of watching him lay here sick and want him to be getting better not weaker. Our nurse said she's never seen anyone get bumped so long. Lucky us!
It's hard to be positive today...

8 comments:

Mary said...

Oh man. I hope you get in soon and get things taken care of. I thought my waiting game was hard, but yours is so much worse. We're thinking of you and your little guy. He is such a cutie.

the stahle's said...

That is such frustrating news. I know it feels so far away but I just keep thinking you guys are so much closer to having the surgery than when you got there. We will pray that Benson will be able to have his surgery on Wednesday. He is such a handsome little trooper. You guys are amazing. Love you!!

The Potters said...

WE love you sooo much and are praying for you!!!! :)

Ebert Family said...

Oh man that is rough. its easy for me to say because i'm not in your situation but things will get better and trials only last a short time. Pretty soon you'll be back in Idaho with a healthy adorable little guys and back with your sweet joshua and all of this will be in the past! love you guys..hang in there! Keep us posted on the surgery. That must be so hard seeing benson sick right now but not much longer. You're almost to the end.

Kristin said...

So sorry he didn't get in today. You guys are such amazing parents! Keep your chins up and know that you all are loved and our Heavenly Father will get you through this and your testimonies will be strengthened so much. We love you guys!

The Stratton's said...

Saying extra prayers for you guys...

Barbara said...

Michelle was here and so we checked your blog to see how Benson was doing. Sorry they put the surgery off another day. We are all thinking of you and praying for all of you. love Aunt Barbara & Uncle Mike.

Melanie said...

Tianna- I found your blog through Tara's blog...hope you don't mind me visiting it. It was so good to see you last week and I thought a pretty big coincidence. Hopefully things will continue to get better. Just wanted to check on your little one...he is so cute. Take care and hopefully you'll be home soon. Our prayers are with you,
Melanie