Monday, February 21, 2011

A Few Happenings

Last week:

Monday was Valentines day. We aren't big V-day celebrators around here, but it's nice to try and make that day a little more special than just every other day I guess. I made a nice London broil for dinner and got some gourmet cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean for dessert. We also got a package from both Grandma's this year, but I didn't get a picture of Grandma Davis' because it was a couple days early and I wasn't there when Josh opened it. So the picture is of Josh opening his present from Grandma Anderson. He got some candy, a shirt and a new book. Grandma also made the new baby some receiving blankets and I am SO excited about them. I love them! They are my favorite swaddling blankets.
Wednesday we went to story time at Barnes and Noble and then played in the mall with Jace while we wasted time before my Dr. apt. The boys thought the photo booth was pretty awesome.
Josh got his 2nd black eye this week....well, eyes really. He got them both. He bumped his head in the same spot 2 different times within 3 days, and the second time was enough to blackened them. He hit right between his eyes. It's hard to get a real good picture of it. It looks a lot worse than the picture portrays. This is what it looked like a few days ago, but today it's bright green. He's such a klutz sometimes!
He doesn't mind!Meet Bucking Bronco.
He's Josh's favorite thing in the whole wide world right now. He bounces on Bucking Bronco a good 1 to 2 hours a day some days! He LOVES this thing! And he's pretty tricky on it too...
He can bounce backwards...
"Look Mom!"
And even without hands!But most of the time this is his expression as he bounces and watches t.v.
It's serious business, bouncing.
It's seriously so cute to watch him. The funny thing is, is that Josh has never been into watching t.v. or movies, until he got this toy for Christmas. Now he'll watch shows as long as he's bouncing. He'll bounce through an entire movie. It wears me out watching him.

Also this week Josh has started to show so much interest in learning! I haven't started teaching him much before now because he still seems so young and he's just getting the hang of the whole talking thing, but lately he has been showing me that he WANTS to learn. So I guess we will! After this week, he can count to 3, knows 5 or 6 colors, can identify 5 shapes (and draws awesome circles), and if I point to the letters in his name he will say J, O, and then he makes an sssssssssss sound rather than saying S. He doesn't say H yet though. Yesterday morning we were eating cereal and not saying much (which never happens by the way, Josh is seriously NEVER not talking), and all of the sudden he starts tracing the rim of his bowl with his finger and saying, "circle, circle, circle!" It's so much fun to watch him learn!

And the best news of all!!! Josh has finally decided that he likes nursery! YAY! Just in time, right? He's actually been going for a couple of weeks now, but I didn't want to say anything and jinx it. He left church yesterday talking about how fun nursery was. It made me so happy, you have no idea. It's been a frustrating 7 months trying to get him to go, but I made up my mind a couple weeks ago that I was done babying him and if he was going to cry for 2 hours, then he was going to cry...and that he'd get over it eventually. So that week, I dropped him off and just walked away, and he didn't cry at all! It's been great ever since. Now I absolutely love going to church again! I haven't just sat and relaxed for 2 hours in church for over 2 years. It's wonderful! And I'll get to enjoy it for a whole 3 weeks before I start all over again. Haha...

This weekend was a 3 day weekend for Beau so we enjoyed spending a little more time with him than we usually do. Saturday he still had to work most of the day but he spent some time in the morning with us and then that evening we went over to the Stoddard's for dinner and to hang out. They have a little boy (Jace) about Josh's age and they play really well together. It's really fun watching Josh play with other little boys. Jace is actually his first boy-friend. He's always surrounded by girls, poor thing. Then Sunday we got to enjoy church and afterward we had the Mitchell's over for dinner. It was way fun having them over as always! Sunday's are always the best day of the week for us because we get to spend almost an entire day together, other than meetings in the morning. I look forward to it all week! Monday was Presidents Day so Beau didn't have school. We made and ate breakfast together and then I ask Beau to help me do a couple things around the house that I hadn't been able to do myself. I think I finally have all the furniture where I want it now, and we rehung a couple things as well. Now maybe I'll start to decorate! When he finished helping me, Beau had to get to work but was able to spend a few hours with us again that night. We took Josh to the pet store to look at the animals, and then did some grocery shopping. It was a nice weekend getting to see him a little bit more than usual, I know Joshua really loved it! No one is as fun as Dad!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I just figured out that you and my Sister in law are due the same day. FUN!!! I hear ya on the nursery thing. Maddie has only gone 2 times by herself and she still cries every time I drop her off. Hopefully she gets over it soon! You will have to text me when you have that little one! Hope everything goes well!