Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nesting Much?

This was my Saturday project yesterday.
I brought up from the basement all the boxes of Joshua's old clothes, sizes 6 months through 18 months, and organized them not only by sizes but seasons as well. So we had a pile of 6 month shorts, AND 6 month pants. Then there were 6 month short sleeves AND 6 month long sleeves....in all of the sizes. I already did this with sizes n-3 to 6 months a month or so ago, but that was because I had to to get them all washed and put away in the babies room. I had no intentions of doing it to ALL the clothes. I'm not sure what got into me, but I'm really glad I did it. They were a lot more disorganized than I thought and now I don't have to worry about fishing through boxes every time the new baby (seriously, we need a name for this kid!) moves up a size or the weather changes. I wont go into all the details about just how OCD I got with this little project. Lets just say these clothes are REALLY organized! Lots of sticky notes and string were involved. I think I might be nesting a little :/

1 comment:

Mary said...

I just did the exact same thing. I hate how a Gerber 3-6 month onesie really fits like a 0-3. Baby clothes sizes are so relative! I have this fear that she will grow out of clothes before I have her wear them because I'm unaware of all the size differences...

Maybe I need to use your system. It looks better than mine.