Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prego Update

I went to the Dr. this morning. I had my cervix checked for the first time (they didn't end up doing it last week like I thought they would). I am only dilated to a 1 but I'm 80+ percent thinned. After Dr. Leavitt told me I was extremely thin and soft he said, "so, it really could be anytime." I just kinda laughed. He asked if I had gone early with my first child and I told him I was two weeks late and only dilated to a 2 when I went in to be started, then he said, "Ok, so given your history, it's probably not going to be anytime soon." Yeah, that's what I thought too.
We did end up scheduling my induction date for Monday March 7th though! I'm super excited to have a date to shoot for, and it's even BEFORE my due date! Now that it's set, I really hope I don't go into labor on my own before then. My parents will be in Florida from Feb. 28-Mar. 6 so it really wouldn't be very convenient for the baby to come during that time. I need my mom, and someone needs to be here to watch Josh! I also just really like knowing that it'll for sure happen on a certain date rather than guessing. That way I can have my house clean and ready for quests, and my fridge and pantry stocked with food. Oh, and I wont have to worry about going into labor on like the 3rd day of not washing my hair and it's in the middle of the night when I look like a freak show, and my hospital bag isn't packed, my legs aren't shaved, and I have piles of dirty laundry to do, and we don't know what to do about Josh, and my house is a mess, and my fridge is empty....I don't want any of that to happen. The 7th sounds good to me! Actually tomorrow sounds REALLY good to me, but if it's not going to happen now, the 7th would really be best.

How I know the end is near:
  • I can no longer see my feet
  • slip-on's are the ONLY option even when it's snowing outside. There is NO WAY I can pull on boots without passing out!
  • I'm down to 3 pair of pants and a handful of shirts that actually still fit.
  • Making a decision on what to eat=impossible
  • Even oatmeal gives me heartburn. True story...
  • Sleep? What's that?
  • Me and the potty=best friends 24/7
  • I seriously don't care how much I weigh at this point. Every number after a certain point is just disgusting.
  • I cried the other night because I was so uncomfortable. I'm NOT an emotional person, pregnant or not pregnant other than the last 2 to 3 weeks of pregnancy. It's a desperate time....so uncontrollable.
  • This is the only time in life where, if I was asked to speak in church I would not think twice about saying no, and I wouldn't feel bad about it. There is no way I'd get up in front of people this out of control of my emotions. NO WAY!
  • I wear a hat every other day
  • The thought of going grocery shopping makes me what to go to bed for a year
  • I am SO full after eating 5 bits of anything. And then I'm STARVING to death 2 hours later. Tonight my heartburn was so bad, because I ate a twice-backed potato for lunch that I couldn't eat dinner, so I just had an apple and was stuffed after I ate it. Then I had a bowl of cereal before I came to bed and could only eat 3/4 of the bowl. I literally could not shove one more bite in, my stomach is so smashed. But I have also started to get up at 3 a.m. and eat because I can't make it through the night.
  • I can't wear a coat anymore. I'll have a heat stroke. I went outside the other day in just a long sleeved shirt and was thinking it felt so nice, then I got in my car and saw that it was 19 degrees.
  • Keeping up with Joshua= impossible
  • I woke up last Sunday morning and my hips would absolutely not work! They still don't. It feels like they are tilted out and no matter how hard I try to walk normal, I can't. Waddle waddle...
  • My wedding ring bugs me all day if I wear it.
  • I find myself sitting in the nursery just staring at things and getting so excited...
  • I've started to think about packing a hospital bag.
  • Diapers are finally stocked up
  • I pulled one out of the package and hugged it. It's so small!
  • The pressure is on to pick out a name!
These all sound like negative things....and most of them are not my favorite things to have to endure, but I am really not being a grouch about it all. It's just a fact, the last couple weeks are not comfortable. Although, it's shocking how fast you forget about it. Pretty much the second that baby is born! I'll just keep focusing on that one most amazing feeling and I think I can make it 2 1/2 more weeks. EEK!

3 comments:

Jessica&Cameron said...

GOOD LUCK!!! So glad I am done with that right now.. except now I dont sleep either :)

Kristin said...

You know we can always watch Joshua if your mom doesn't make it in time:)

Michelle Harrast said...

Dear Beau, Tianna, Joshua and Benson,
I just read your blog and heard all the news. We will pray and fast for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing your faith and love. May God continue to bless you as you go through the challenges of this coming week. We love you!
With concern and love,
Steve, Michelle and kids