Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

This last week was another uneventful week for us. Monday I had a Dr. apt. but didn't find anything out other than the usual vitals. I got the strep B test done and it came back negative. The Dr. asked if I wanted to have my cervix checked while he was doing the test, or if I wanted to wait until next week. I told him I'd just wait. I hate being checked, it totally hurts and when you find out that you're dilated at all, the mind games begin. I remember with Josh I found out I was a 2 at the beginning of November and I was totally convinced I was going to go into labor at any second. But nope, I was still only a 2 a month and a half later when I went into the hospital to be started. So anyway, I'm going in on Wednesday and have to be checked. I'm curious because over the last couple days I've had a few contractions and I've become extremely uncomfortable, and I wonder if it all means anything, but I'm also not ready to get my hopes up. You'd think I'd learn, but I'm still hoping that maybe I'll actually go into labor rather than be put into labor, and maybe even before my due date. I guess we'll see.
Wednesday was my birthday! It was a nice day. Beau spoiled me the entire day and that night we took Josh to Lucy's house so we could go to dinner alone. That was amazing, both actually going out to eat and especially alone. After we picked Josh up we decided to go eat frozen yogurt at a new place in town we hadn't tried yet, The Orange Leaf. It was super fun and really good! I'm a huge fan of frozen yogurt!
It was an exceptionally cold week, even for here. The first few days of the week we were in the negative 20's with the wind chill and later in the week it wasn't much better, although I do think we were above zero. So that really put a damper on Josh and I getting out. I just didn't really want to deal with it, and I always feel guilty taking Josh out when it's too cold.
This week Josh has really started to expand his vocabulary. I don't know what spurred it, but it's really cute. He's trying to put sentences together, and is pretty good up to about 4 words. He has also become more content over all these days. He'll sit and watch a show about once a day and enjoys doing things like putting together puzzles and reading books more than he ever has before. The best part is that he is SO good in church. We haven't had to take him out of sacrament meeting in quite a long time!
His new obsession is playing with my iPhone. It's probably my fault for downloading apps for him, but it can be a bit irritating when I need my phone and he doesn't want to give it up :) I think it has helped him want to learn though. We have apps that teach him his shapes and colors, and others that are matching games and flash cards. He's really good at them! It's been surprising to me because I thought they'd be a little old for him. It's cute to watch him learn, that's always been one of my favorite parts of being mom.
Here are a few pictures from this week.
Playing on my phone.
This picture isn't great, but it shows his new hair cut.
This is what he does now whenever I get the camera out. Great! Like it wasn't hard enough already to get a picture of him. He's such a turkey!
But sometimes I can still get him :)
This is just a blanket I made last week for the new baby. The pictures don't do it justice at all, but it turned out pretty cute for as easy as it was. It seriously took me 3 hrs total to make it! Totally worth it. The blanket I made Josh probably took 15 hours.



The front is a solid cream with the lettering on it and the back is solid navy. I printed the letters off of the computer, traced them onto heat'n'bond then ironed them to the four different colors, cut them out and ironed them to the cream fabric. After the letters were on, I used spray adhesive to stick the cream fabric to the batting and the navy fabric then I sewed diagonal lines back and forth through the whole blanket to give it a quilted look. The diagonl lines are done in 5 different colors of thread. It was SO easy, even I could do it! I also made one to go on Josh's new bed, but I haven't bound it yet. I'm hoping that after the gym in the morning we can get over to Joann's so I can finish it tomorrow. If that ever happens, I will post pictures of his :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

That blanket is adorable. Such a cool idea. I love the quilted look.

I have to get checked on Wed too. We should call each other and dish. Kidding. Sounds like we can at least start the countdown together though.

Linz said...

That's really cute! I've been trying to come up with things to do since I'm not working, so I may have to try to make one too. I'm impressed you go to the gym.... I don't even have the energy most days so far to get on the treadmill that's right outside my room. You've now inspired me to do better :)